Friday, October 13, 2023

Wi-Fi Chicken Door - Part 7A

With the door and frame assembled we can now start working out how to mount the water valve with a string connection to the top of the door - new ground.


This is where we finished the previous session.

As usual the instruction leaflet is unreadable. No wonder 'they' always wear glasses. I have some thoughts about how to connect the valve actuator arm via string or cord to the top of the door.

I want to try a pulley I know we have some but can't find them so I'll have to make one.

I am removing the router fence and setting up my own pully cutting fence.

We need to change over to a "V' grooving bit.




















With that done let's setup a plywood disc (hole saw cut-outs from a previous project) on the jig fence.

We need to check that the fence is adjusted correctly so the bit is cantered on the rim of the disc. With the router turned on I slowly raised the bit to nick the disc rim - that's good.

Back soon...



















No comments:

Post a Comment

Looking for the Wi-Fi Chicken Doors?

Stay tuned... over the next few days I will be catch-up posting the Wi-Fi chicken Doors. Oh... and my Wi-Fi Bird Feeder. I'll be back...