Sunday, October 8, 2023

Wi-Fi Chicken Door - Part 1

Looking for a way to let the chooks in and out main chook run and the adjacent chook annex. With that in mind doing some research to come up with some ideas to make a wi-fi controlled chicken door that would sit inside the chook run gate, at the bottom and centered. 


 

The main reason for doing this is related to the morning egg laying ritual so I can remotely let the girls (at separate times) in and out too do their egg business. I am browsing Amazon looking for suitable wi-fi smart shut-off water valves (actuators) - compatible with Alexa.

The one above looks good with a choice of two Android apps, checkout the video!



Thinking... the servo motor arm moves in a 90° arc and could lift a vertically sliding door.

I'll be back...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Looking for the Wi-Fi Chicken Doors?

Stay tuned... over the next few days I will be catch-up posting the Wi-Fi chicken Doors. Oh... and my Wi-Fi Bird Feeder. I'll be back...