Monday, October 9, 2023

Wi-Fi Chicken Door - Part 3



With the Wi-Fi Valve setup and operating we can start making the door frame and the actual door that will slide up and down inside a frame.


After rummaging through my limited timber supplies this should get us started.

Timber is so  expensive these days!











Inside measurements are 50cm high and 30cm wide.

Doing a mock-up.













We'll go with that.
Measuring and marking the lap joints.






















I always mark the waste side with a squiggle.














Now over to my homemade 14" band saw.





















This is the 2nd band saw that I made in 2017.


Setting up the fence.

That's the first one seven to go.
This is the last one.
Now over to the 8" sliding mitre saw.

We need to set the depth gauge to slice out the waste.
The depth gauge reduces the crosscut capability so we need a packer piece.

Using a scrap piece to check the depth setting - that's good.

Starting to take shape, you can see the waste pieces towards the top.
Enough for today I'll be back tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Looking for the Wi-Fi Chicken Doors?

Stay tuned... over the next few days I will be catch-up posting the Wi-Fi chicken Doors. Oh... and my Wi-Fi Bird Feeder. I'll be back...