Tuesday, December 12, 2023

Brivis Wombat gas heater-

 Watching TV last night and must have fallen asleep because I didn't notice anything. ET yells out did I turn the heater on - nope - so got up to have a look. Ceiling vents blowing cold air... UH-OH

Checked the thermostat and heater was turned off - not good.



Fast forward-


The board was recapped, four electros changed.

I am recovering from eye surgery so this morning thanks to Philip Tyme who did all the work the controller board was recapped and reinstalled back into the heater - will it work?

Powered up the heater and watched as it went through it's power-up cycle, row of light flashing and then settled down with two LED's on - that's good.

With PK still in the roof I went back down and turned the heater on.

Dialled up the temp from the pre-set overnight of 15° to above room temp and seconds after that the burner fired up - yay. Nearly there will the blower turn on?... waiting... yes blower on!

At this point we can say the heater is fixed and happy about that because getting someone in to do the job would likely cost $600-700 bucks. Once again thanks PK (y)






































No comments:

Post a Comment

Looking for the Wi-Fi Chicken Doors?

Stay tuned... over the next few days I will be catch-up posting the Wi-Fi chicken Doors. Oh... and my Wi-Fi Bird Feeder. I'll be back...